〈非正式〉 更接近(先前的某一数字或某种描述)
-
he believes the figure should be more like £10 million .他认为应该是1,000万英镑左右才对。
phr. (数量、名称、描述等)更接近于;更像;更接近;更合适;更有可能
更符合要求;更使人满意
You're looking more like your usual self.
你现在看上去更像你平常的样子了。
The opening speeches sounded more like declarations of war than offerings of peace.
那些开幕辞听起来更像宣战书而不是和平倡议。
We should be more like squirrels.
我们应该更像松鼠那样。
English songs made her more like English.
英语歌使她更喜欢英语。
If you ask me, it's more like a bird's nest.
如果你问我的话,我倒觉得那比较像个鸟巢。
〈非正式〉 更接近(先前的某一数字或某种描述)
他认为应该是1,000万英镑左右才对。
I was thinking more like rain.
我想到的则是下雨天。
《Inside Out》《头脑特工队》
A cd-rom ? More like "CD-vroom."
何止是光盘啊?简直是"飞"盘啊。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 11》《生活大爆炸 第十一季》
Then something crazy. That's more like it.
那就做件疯狂的事吧。这样才像话。
《How to Train Your Dragon》《驯龙高手》
That's sweet. No, it's more like a good luck.
那真的是太好了。不,她的意思是“祝你好运”。
《Friends Season 7》《老友记 第七季》
I mean, she should be with someone more like Ross.
她应该跟像是罗斯那样的人在一起。
《Friends Season 9》《老友记 第九季》
She seems more like us than those beasts we fought.
和我们交战的野兽相比,她倒是和我们更像。
《Warcraft》《魔兽》
Every day, you are becoming more and more like your mother. Hello. Here we go.
你愈来愈像你妈了。来了。
《Friends Season 1》《老友记第一季》
Oh, no. What? It's John and Yoko. More like Yoko and Yoko.
晕。怎么了?约翰和洋子来了[列侬夫妇]。更像洋子和洋子。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 4》《生活大爆炸 第四季》
"Dead" isn't quite the word, though, is it? More like "hobbled."
"死"这个词用得不太对吧,应该用"被束缚了"。
《Westworld Season 1》《西部世界 第一季》
We're like superman of the mind. Superman? I think we're more like Homer Simpson of the mind.
我们都是控制思维的超人。超人? 我想我们的思维更像霍默辛普森。
《Predictably Irrational》《怪诞行为学》
Well, not so much the Lake of Wisdom, it's more like the Lake of Whiz.
好吧,与其说是智慧之湖,看来叫做污秽之湖更合适。
《Angry Birds》《愤怒的小鸟》
Judging from his home, it's made him a few dollars. More like billions.
从他家来看,颇赚了点儿钱。上百亿。
《Person of Interest Season 4》《疑犯追踪 第四季》
Oh, you want me to be more like the girls you know, do you? Go to London, marry somebody like Rupert.
你想让我更像你了解的那种女孩,是吗?那种去伦敦嫁给鲁珀特的女孩。
《Me before you》《遇见你之前》
This dark energy doesn't behave like any other substance we know at all and acts more like anti-gravity force.
这种暗能量的性质与我们所熟知的其他物质完全不同它更像是反重力。
《TED-Ed》《TED教育》
More like a misfire. But we've always said this job isn't about getting played with.
貌似失败了,但我们一直说我们的目的不是玩耍。
《Toy Story 3》《玩具总动员3》
I don't know, I just thought you know that he'd feel more like a brother you know, like you and Ross, just like close and connected and....
我以为他会更有兄弟的感觉,就像你和罗斯,亲密融洽。
《Friends Season 3》《老友记 第三季》
And I think: Why do you have to be so bad, Zangief? Why can't you be more like good guy?
我就会想"为什么你非要这么坏呀,苏联老汉? 为什么你就不能学学做好人呢?"
《Wreck-It Ralph》《无敌破坏王》
Are you making him a sandwich? No it's, more like a wrap. Okay so, I'm gonna go guys. Okay.
你在替他做三明治吗?不,比较像包装纸。好,我要走了。
《Friends Season 7》《老友记 第七季》
It's more like how girls end up at a Best Western hotel with a 34-year-old guy named Luther.
其实翘课的女生更有可能在酒店跟一个34岁的老头开房。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 6》《生活大爆炸 第六季》
We know they say they're 95% AAA-rated, but in reality they're more like 25%. Some of them are 0%!
他们说其中95%是AAA级的,可实际上大多只有25%,有些根本就没有!
《The Big Short》《大空头》