〈英,非正式〉 戏弄(或激怒)某人。
an act of concluding or finishing something
终了;结束
-
a company wind-up. 一家公司的结束。
【棒球】 (投球手投球前的)挥臂动作。
n. 戏弄某人;终了;结束;挥臂动作
I have a few clocks in my house; the old wind-up kind.
我家有几只钟,是老式的上发条的那种。
I must admit that at first I thought it was a wind-up by friends.
我必须承认,一开始我认为这不过是朋友们的玩笑。
The president is about to wind up his visit to Somalia.
总统即将结束对索马里的访问。
If we all agree, let's wind up the discussion.
如果我们大家都同意,咱们就结束讨论吧。
If you take risks like that you'll wind up dead.
你要是冒那种险就会把命赔上。
〈英,非正式〉 戏弄(或激怒)某人。
an act of concluding or finishing something
终了;结束
一家公司的结束。
【棒球】 (投球手投球前的)挥臂动作。
And here's the wind-up and the pitch!
挥球转体,投吧。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 8》《生活大爆炸 第八季》
Peppa, the present is not for you. It's for Granny and Grandpa. Oh, yes. Oh, look. Funny teeth. They are wind-up joke teeth, very popular.
佩奇,这礼物可不是给你的,是给猪爷爷和猪奶奶的。噢,说得对。快看,是笑笑牙。这是用发条的玩具假牙,非常受欢迎。
《Peppa Pig Season 4》《小猪佩奇 第四季》
Peppa, the present is not for you. It's for Granny and Grandpa. Oh, yes. Oh, look. Funny teeth. They are wind-up joke teeth, very popular.
佩奇,这礼物可不是给你的,是给猪爷爷和猪奶奶的。噢,说得对。快看,是笑笑牙。这是用发条的玩具假牙,非常受欢迎。
《Get fluent spoken English in 100 days》《100天养成流利口语》