in the existing circumstances
在目前情况下,按现在情况来看
-
I've got enough on my plate as it is. 眼下我要做的事情已够多的了。
在目前情况下;按现在情况来看
虽然质量(或价值)不过如此
I hope my job's safe. Life is hard enough as it is.
希望我的工作安稳。生活照现在这样已经够苦了。
Don't ask me to do it. I've got enough problems as it is.
别让我做这件事。我目前的问题已够多了。
We can't take on any more work—we're fully stretched as it is.
我们不能再接受其他工作了—现在已经竭尽所能了。
We were hoping to finish it by next week—as it is, it may be the week after.
我们本希望在下周完成—看样子可能要下下周才行。
This denim work shirt is as great with a pair of jeans as it is with a tie on casual Fridays.
休闲星期五穿这件丁尼布工作衫配牛仔裤与穿工作衫配领带一样好。
in the existing circumstances
在目前情况下,按现在情况来看
眼下我要做的事情已够多的了。
But as it is, I didn't know, and therefore my surprise should be unsurprising.
可事实上是,我之前不知道,所以我"惊喜"的样子,你根本不该觉得惊喜。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 10》《生活大爆炸 第十季》
The software was still learning? Right. As it is now?
那时这款软件还在学习过程中吗?是的。现在也在,对吗?
《The Good Wife Season 7》《傲骨贤妻第七季》
Easy peasy. Oh. It is not as easy as it looks.
简单,小菜一碟!噢!看着简单可做起来就难了。
《Peppa Pig Season 4》《小猪佩奇 第四季》
It's as hard for me as it is for you. But seriously, all right?
我知道这对你来说很难,对我也不轻松,严肃一点,好吗?
《Boyhood》《少年时代》
You know what? Make fun all you want. This is a great bag. Okay? And it's as handy as it is becoming.
随你怎么取笑我,这个包包很棒,而且是好看又好用。
《Friends Season 5》《老友记 第五季》
So, as the universe expands as it is doing right now, there will be more and more dark energy.
因此,随着宇宙不断膨胀,正如此时此刻,暗能量也会随之不断增长。
《TED-Ed》《TED教育》
As hard as it is to be honest with other people, it can be even more difficult to be honest with ourselves.
同他人坦诚相见很困难,坦诚对待自己的想法甚至更难。
《Sheryl Speech at Harvard》《Facebook COO谢丽尔·桑德伯格哈佛演讲》
And as fun as it is to watch pompous, dumb Wall Streeters be wildly wrong, and you are wrong, sir.
看着虚华愚笨的华尔街犯错,赏心悦目,你的确错了,先生。
《The Big Short》《大空头》
Max, as stupid as it is, we've got to go over there. We need to figure out what they have that we don't.
Max 尽管很蠢,我们还是得去一趟,我们得搞清楚,什么是他们有我们没有的。
《2 Broke Girls Season 3》《破产姐妹 第三季》
As great as it is sliced and buttered, if you got some left over, you can transform it into a rich satisfying dessert.
切片抹上黄油也是很棒的,如果还有剩下的,你可以做成丰盛的甜点。
《Baul Hollywoods Bread》《保罗教你做面包》
I mean, it's not so much an underpant as it is a feat of engineering.
与其说它是内裤,不如说是一种伟大工程。
《Friends Season 5》《老友记 第五季》
Our reputation is hanging by a thread as it is. Take it away from here, far away. Kill it. Dispose of it. Go!
到时餐厅声望就会像这只老鼠一样,把它弄走,愈远愈好,杀了它,处理掉,快点。
《Ratatouille》《美食总动员》
Lovely. Your turn, Emily, tell us what happens next. Well, I am not very sure. Just say anything, Emily. As long as it is not boring.
讲得非常好。到你了,艾米丽,告诉我们接下来发生了什么吧。我不是非常地确定。随便说什么都可以,艾米丽,只要不是无聊的东西就行。
《Get fluent spoken English in 100 days》《100天养成流利口语》
Lovely. Your turn, Emily, tell us what happens next. Well, I am not very sure. Just say anything, Emily. As long as it is not boring.
讲得非常好。到你了,艾米丽,告诉我们接下来发生了什么吧。我不是非常地确定。随便说什么都可以,艾米丽,只要不是无聊的东西就行。
《Peppa Pig Season 2》《粉红猪小妹 第二季》
What? That's it? You're in enough danger as it is. I didn't want to involve you this much but I had no choice.
什么?这就没了?你的处境已经够危险的了,我本不想把你卷进来,可惜我别无选择。
《Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation》《碟中谍5:神秘国度》
Hard as it is to hear, we aren't the future anymore. Unfortunately for us, we're part of the past.
虽然很难接受,未来已经不属于我们了,很遗憾我们老了,我们只属于过去。
《The Expendables 3》《敢死队3》
Hey, look. We don't wanna see the dirty stuff, just the stuff leading up to it. No. Rachel's gonna kill me as it is.
我们不是要看性爱画面。我们只想知道事情是怎么发生的。不,瑞秋会杀了我的。
《Friends Season 8》《老友记 第八季》
Realizing that made me a hyper-realist, by which I mean I became someone who has discovered the great rewards of deeply understanding, accepting, and working with reality as it is, and not as I wish it would be.
意识到这一点我变得非常现实,我的意思是说通过深度理解接受并真正处理现实,而不是想当然地处理现实,我从中获益匪浅。
《Principles for Success》《成功的原则》
Gee, I don't know if I should drink more. I have to drive home, and I've got enough trouble seeing over the dashboard as it is.
我觉得我不应该再喝了,我还得开车回家呢,我现在的视力就已经看不清仪表盘了。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 4》《生活大爆炸 第四季》
Silence. I assure you that were you in Slytherin, and your fate rested with me the both of you would be on the train home tonight. As it is...
住口。我向你们保证,如果你们是史莱哲林的学生,而我有权力决定你们的命运时,你们两个,保证今晚就得搭列车回家。而且……
《Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets》《哈利波特与密室》