used to convey that something now happening or about to happen should have happened earlier
早该
-
it's about time I came clean and admitted it .我早该招供承认这件事。
早该
It's about time you sorted out your finances.
现在是你整顿财务状况的时候了。
It's about time teachers started to get tough with bullies.
现在教师该对横行霸道的学生开始采取严厉措施了。
He's a spoiled brat and it's about time he learned to behave properly.
他是个被宠坏的顽劣孩子,该是他学着行为得当的时候了。
It's about time a few movie makers with original ideas were given a chance.
该是给一些有创意的电影制作者一个机会的时候了。
I'm nearly 31 and it's about time I had something to show for my time in my job.
我快三十一岁了,该是我在工作中的付出收获成果的时候了。
used to convey that something now happening or about to happen should have happened earlier
早该
我早该招供承认这件事。
Midge is even breaking up with Moose. No. About time, right?
米吉甚至和慕思分手了。不会吧。早该改了,对吧?
《The Big Bang Theory Season 4》《生活大爆炸 第四季》
Oh, it's about time. I'm starving. Um, well, we didn't actually get Chinese food.
来的正好,我要饿死了。这个, 其实我们没带中国菜回来。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 3》《生活大爆炸 第三季》
Aw, yeah, cue the waterworks. About time you realized the futility of your situation.
对啊,提示该流泪了,也该是你认清自己处境的时候。
《Westworld Season 1》《西部世界 第一季》
Hey, You know what? I'll come too. I'm making money now, it's about time I give something back.
那我也要去我现在有收入,也该回馈社会了。
《Friends Season 6》《老友记 第六季》
And about time too. He's been looking dreadful for days. Pity you had to see him on a burning day.
也该是时候了。它这几天看来糟透了。可惜你到燃烧日才见到它。
《Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets》《哈利波特与密室》
Actually, you know what? I think it's about time I picked a movie we see. You pick plenty of movies.
等等,其实呢,我觉得现在该我挑电影了。你都挑过好多次了。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 5》《生活大爆炸 第五季》
We can't just pack up and go. Why not? It's about time this family got a little air under our wings.
哦...我们不能说走就走。为什么不能 现在正是时候出去让翅膀吹吹风了
《RIO 2》《里约大冒险2》
For years we've been trying to solve the equation without changing the underlying assumption about time.
我们一直以来试图解出这个方程的前提条件是时间不变。
《Interstellar》《星际穿越》
I think it's about time you two make it up. Peppa, say sorry to Suzy. Only if she says sorry first. Only if she says sorry first.
我觉得你们两个是时候和好了,佩奇,跟苏西道个歉。除非是她先说一声对不起。除非是她先说一声对不起。
《Peppa Pig Season 2》《粉红猪小妹 第二季》
I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. Maybe it's about time you got a new dinosaur. Yes, we can go to Mr. Fox's shop tomorrow.
我们没想到他竟然能玩这么久。看起来是时候换一个新的玩具了。没错,明天我们去狐狸先生的商店挑一个。
《Peppa Pig Season 4》《小猪佩奇 第四季》