used to convey a threat, warning, or promise
(表示威胁,警告或许诺)等着瞧;等着吧
-
you wait until your Dad gets in! 等着,你爸来了再说!
等着瞧;等着吧
I'll be famous one day, just you wait!
我有朝一日会出名的,你就等着瞧吧!
Can you wait a second while I make a call?
你能等一会儿让我打个电话吗?
Perhaps while you wait you would like a drink at the bar.
也许你等的时候会想要去酒吧喝一杯。
Just you wait a minute.
你稍等一下。
Can you wait a moment?
你能等一会儿吗?
used to convey a threat, warning, or promise
(表示威胁,警告或许诺)等着瞧;等着吧
等着,你爸来了再说!
Then you wait. You wait. And whoever speaks first loses.
你就只要等待时机,耐心等,谁先开口谁就输了。
《The Wolf of Wall Street》《华尔街之狼》
There's salad. There's food, you wait there until I get back. You'll be safe.
有吃的,你在这儿等着我回来,你会安全的。
《Edge of Tomorrow》《明日边缘》
Phoebe, will you wait here? I wanna get your opinion on something. Yeah.
菲比,能在这里等一下吗?我想听听你的意见。好的。
《Friends Season 8》《老友记 第八季》
But just you wait, you'll find being donated was the best thing that ever happen to you.
且莫伤心,在这儿你们将意识到,被捐赠其实是最好的归宿。
《Toy Story 3》《玩具总动员3》
Why not? Because you're a kook. Instead you wait until they send you a notice. I could do that.
为什么?因为你是个大懒人,一直拖到他们寄催缴通知单来。我可以办到。
《Friends Season 1》《老友记第一季》
How long do you think you can keep it from him? Yeah, isn't it gonna get worse the longer you wait?
你觉得你能瞒他瞒多久?对啊,你瞒得越久不就越坏事吗?
《The Big Bang Theory Season 9》《生活大爆炸 第九季》
I don't trust him. All right. All right. You wait here. I'll see if there's any commotion.
我信不过他。好吧好吧,你在这等着,我去看看有什么情况。
《The Great Gatsby》《了不起的盖茨比》
I've got an idea. You wait here, Grampy Rabbit and we'll go over. All right. I could do with the rest.
我有个好主意你等在这,兔爷爷和我先过去。好的,我可以和其他人一起。
《Peppa Pig Season 4》《小猪佩奇 第四季》
Honey. Dad, you hit "Place order" once, and then you wait for the confirmation. I'm sorry. Don't be sorry! Be smart!
亲爱的。爸爸,你点一下“提交订单”,然后等着确认。抱歉。别抱歉!聪明点!
《Modern Family Season 8》《摩登家庭 第八季》
Here's your license. Now, if you wait over there, we'll call you when the officiant's ready. Do we need a blood test? No.
这是你们的证书。现在,你俩在这里等一下,等证婚人准备好了我就叫你们。我们需要验血吗?不需要。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 11》《生活大爆炸 第十一季》