〈非正式〉 不可能的事;无法接受的事
-
perming highlighted hair used to be a definite no-no ,but it's now possible .电烫染成浅色的部分头发过去是一件不可能的事,现在却变得可能了。
n. 不可能的事;无法接受的事
禁忌
第一个修正案否定
Yeah, for some reason it's long been a fashion no-no to wear white pants after Labor Day.
嗯,出于某些原因,在劳动节后穿白裤子是一种禁忌,这流行已久了。
We all know that cheating on our taxes is a no-no.
我们都知道偷税漏税是绝对不行的。
In the classroom, failure is a no-no.
可惜在课堂里,失败犯错却是个禁忌。
This is a big no-no.
这实际上是一个大错误。
"We thought you'd emigrated."—"No, no."
“我们还以为你已经移民了呢。”—“不,没有。”
"Can you just get the message through to Pete for me?"—"No, no I can't."
“你能帮我把这个信儿带给皮特吗?—“不行,我不能。”
〈非正式〉 不可能的事;无法接受的事
电烫染成浅色的部分头发过去是一件不可能的事,现在却变得可能了。
Oh no-no-no, no-no-no, that's not what I meant.
不不不,我不是那个意思。
《Friends Season 6》《老友记 第六季》
No. Oh no. No-no, it's really not huge.
不,这不是大事。
《Friends Season 7》《老友记 第七季》
Fine. We'll ask Phoebe. No-no-no, I wanna play.
好嘛,那找菲比好了。不要,人家想玩嘛。
《Friends Season 4》《老友记 第四季》
No-no-no. We haven't started yet. Where's Alice?
没有,还没开始呢,艾丽斯呢?
《Friends Season 5》《老友记 第五季》
No-no-no, please, please, Chandler I would owe you so much.
不,求求你,就当我欠你的。
《Friends Season 6》《老友记 第六季》
Well, we did a little more than that. No-no. No-no. No-no.
不只是那样。不。
《Friends Season 8》《老友记 第八季》
No-no. Really? Of course.
不…真的吗?当然。
《Friends Season 6》《老友记 第六季》
Oh, I would enjoy that. No-no-no. No wait Rach, you know what would even be more fun? Telling them.
我喜欢。不,你知道怎样更好玩?告诉他们。
《Friends Season 5》《老友记 第五季》
Let me tell you what I think might be going on. No-no-no, don't look at the table. Look at me.
我来告诉你我的想法,不要看桌子,看着我。
《Friends Season 5》《老友记 第五季》
You mean with Casey. No-no-no, I think I'm gonna see how things go with Kathy. She's pretty cool.
跟凯希?不,我要跟凯西继续,她很酷。
《Friends Season 4》《老友记 第四季》
No-no, that's not my thing. I do not love getting divorced.
那才不是我的标记,我并不爱离婚。
《Friends Season 6》《老友记 第六季》
Oh, no-no, you are. You do this, you give me the great advice.
你是,你买这些东西,还给我忠告。
《Friends Season 4》《老友记 第四季》
No-no, I don't think you heard me. Are you ready to party? No. Gandolf? Gandolf is coming to town?
你可能没听清楚,你准备好要狂欢没?不会吧,甘道夫(《指环王》中的角色名)要来?
《Friends Season 4》《老友记 第四季》
Oh no-no-no, it's only one night a week, and plus I get to take all of you out for a lot of free dinners. Yay.
不,不,一星期只要一个晚上,我还能带你们到处去吃免费餐。
《Friends Season 4》《老友记 第四季》
No-no, we do it every year. Oh well, that makes it not terrible.
不会,我们每年都找。那就不差劲了。
《Friends Season 6》《老友记 第六季》
So I understand you're looking for a place. No-no, I'm staying put.
我听说你在找房子。不,我不搬了。
《Friends Season 6》《老友记 第六季》
No-no-no. I am the king of bad Thanksgivings. You can't just swoop in here with your bad marriage and take that away from me.
不不不,我才是悲惨感恩节之王,你不能以失败的婚姻为理由抢了我的宝座。
《Friends Season 5》《老友记 第五季》
Are you gonna play? No-no, I don't really have any money. Not yet, anyway.
你要玩吗?不,我没钱,只是暂时没钱而已。
《Friends Season 5》《老友记 第五季》
You know it'll be like, "So where's your boyfriend, what's-his-name, Chester?" And she'll go, "No-no-no, it's Chandler." And he'll go, "Whatever."
“你男朋友呢?”“他叫什么?钱斯特?”她会说“是钱德”,他就说“随便啦”。
《Friends Season 4》《老友记 第四季》
No-no-no, I know, but you and I are different people though, and this is a totally different situation, and I know that I am not gonna regret this.
你不用说,我知道,不过你我是完全不同的人,而且情况也完全不同,我知道我这样做绝不会后悔。
《Friends Season 4》《老友记 第四季》