to a certain extent, but not altogether or completely (used to reduce the effect of a statement)
在某种程度上;从某种意义上讲
-
in some ways television is more challenging than theatre .从某种意义讲,电视比戏剧更有挑战性。
在某种程度上
In a way, I suppose I'm frightened of failing.
在某种程度上 我想我对失败感到恐惧
"In a way," said Smee, "it's sort of a compliment."
“在某种程度上,”斯迈说,“这算是一种恭维。”
It was pitiful in a way, and yet cheering—even exhilarating.
这在某种程度上是挺凄凉的,但也令人振奋——甚至是激动人心。
Tango is a passionate dance, which brings the dancers together in a way words can't express.
探戈是一种充满激情的舞蹈,它以一种无以用言语表达的方式把舞者聚集在一起。
Their aggression is, although cute in a way, that at most they will try to snatch a sandwich from you at a picnic.
他们的攻击性,虽然在某种程度上很可爱,但他们最多只会在野餐时试图从你手中抢走一块三明治。
In a way it was one of our biggest mistakes.
从某种意义上来说,这是我们所犯的最大错误之一。
to a certain extent, but not altogether or completely (used to reduce the effect of a statement)
在某种程度上;从某种意义上讲
从某种意义讲,电视比戏剧更有挑战性。
Their lives are blissful. In a way, their existence is purer than ours, freed of the burden of self-doubt.
他们的生活非常幸福,在某种程度上,他们的生活方式比我们更加纯粹,没有自我怀疑的负担。
《Westworld Season 1》《西部世界 第一季》
Then why don't I remember her? You do remember her, in a way.
那我为什么不记得她?你记得,以某种方式。
《Sherlock Season 4》《神探夏洛克 第四季》
Those trees were sacred to the Omaticaya in a way you can't imagine.
这些树对奥玛蒂卡亚人来说是圣物,你根本无法想象。
《Avatar》《阿凡达》
I really enjoy being here. Being around those girls it fills me in a way, in a way I surely don't deserve, so I hope you'll let me know when I've overstayed my welcome.
跟孩子们在一起,让我觉得很满足,但我不配过得这幺幸福,所以如果我待太久让你们烦了,希望你们要及时告诉我。
《This Is Us Season 1》《我们这一天 第一季》
Women are required to dress in a way that does not attract sexual attention.
"女性的穿着不能对他人具有性吸引力"。
《Sex and the City 2》《欲望都市2》
So I said no, and I did it in a way I probably wouldn't have even 5 years before.
我拒绝了。我还做了一件也许五年前我不会做的事。
《Sheryl Speech at Harvard》《Facebook COO谢丽尔·桑德伯格哈佛演讲》
But in a way I'm glad it happened cos it made me as a player, made me as a person, made me stronger.
我很欣慰发生了这一切,让我成为一名真正的球员,一个真正的人,让我更坚强。
《David Beckham: Into the Unknown》《大卫·贝克汉姆:探索未知之境》
In a way to think about it is about conscience plays a role in our decision, it's not just about external rewards and benefit.
其中一个可能的影响我们决定的因素是我们的良心,这不仅仅与我们能获得的好处有关。
《Predictably Irrational》《怪诞行为学》
And then there's me, just sitting in a diner on the border of town looking for a way to get our home back.
还有我孤身一人坐在镇边界的餐馆里寻找夺回家园的办法。
《The Vampire Diaries Season 6》《吸血鬼日记 第六季》
So I answered: I would like to be a journalist. I would like to tell other people stories in a way that makes a difference in their lives and the world.
于是我就回答说我想成为一名新闻工作者,我想给人们讲述故事,从而影响人们的生活,改变整个世界。
《Oprah Winfrey Speech at Harvard》《奥普拉演讲》
Why wouldn't I? You know, recently, it seems like the whole world is calling to me in a way it hasn't before.
为什么不会?最近整个世界都好像在与我对话。以一种前所未有的方式。
《Westworld Season 1》《西部世界 第一季》
She is brave and smart and cares about other humanspersons. In a way that we Boov do not even care about each other.
她很勇敢,聪慧,很关心其他人类。我们波波甚至不互相关心。
《Home》《疯狂外星人》
We both are, in a way. At least, I'm on bail and he's on tenterhooks, until they decide if they can make a case against either of us.
可以说我们俩都是,我在保释期,他每天焦躁不安,直到他们决定是否可以控告我们其中的一个。
《Downton Abbey Season 6》《唐顿庄园 第六季》
William. That's right, sweetheart. In a way, I guess you were right. My path always, led me back to you, again and again.
威廉。正是,亲爱的,某种程度上,我觉得你说的也对,我的路总是指引我回到你身边,一次又一次。
《Westworld Season 1》《西部世界 第一季》
Oh, sounds festive. Did you at least give presents? Mmm, in a way. We presented papers. And then broke off into focus groups and critiqued each other.
真有节日气氛,那你们总会互赠礼物吧?某种程度上,我们互赠研究论文,然后分小组讨论,再相互评论。
《The Big Bang Theory Season 3》《生活大爆炸 第三季》
Walnut? No, thank you. I'm allergic. Oh, sure. My partner used to have that. He's dead now. From nuts? Nah, his wife shot him. But she was nuts, so in a way...
要吃核桃吗?不用了,谢谢,我对核桃过敏。好的,我搭档也过敏,他已经死了。死于坚果吗[疯子]?不是,被他老婆枪杀的。不过她是疯子,所以某种意义上来说……
《The Big Bang Theory Season 5》《生活大爆炸 第五季》